Thursday, November 20, 2008

FUNDABLE GOAL MET (AND EXCEEDED)!

Thank you so much to everyone who helped me accomplish and exceed(!) my fundraising goal for my upcoming short film. In just one month, we were able to raise enough money to shoot "BRIGHT" on film. I can't express how happy this makes me. For me, shooting on film provides a look and experience incomparable to any other medium, and this opportunity would not have been possible for me were it not for each and every one of you. I can't thank you enough for your endless support and encouragement.

I leave for India tonight to shoot my friend Shivani's film, and I can't wait. 'Intersection' is a ten-minute short film about a deaf street sales boy who must learn to fend for himself and let go of his fear of communication. Through his eyes we get a glimpse into the street dynamic of the city in all its clashes and strife. He meets with several quirky characters who help him, mislead him and berate him. Shot on location in New Delhi, this film will bring to life wholesome characters that live and roam the streets of New Delhi, seen through the soundscape of a deaf protagonist. I'll be sure to post pictures as soon as I get back, but in the meantime, you can visit http://shivanifilms.blogspot.com for production updates.

Again, I really appreciate all the support you've given me. It means a lot, and I'm eternally grateful. I look forward to sharing all my current and future filmmaking adventures with you.

Alexa

No comments: